Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit, 3/22/12 Harbor Docks- Destin, FL


I love Jason Isbell. He writes the songs I wish I could write. I've seen him a few times and while I always enjoy it, I always leave wanting more. 3/22 was a bit more satisfying. The show was moved inside due to rain (that never came). I spent most of the show just a few feet from the band and one of the house speakers :-( The show was fun and had plenty of of my favorite tunes mixed in with the standards. The band returned for what was really a glorified encore. We were all under the impression it would be a second set. The crowd was up for it, dancing and singing along to Never Gonna Change and Codeine. But alas, American Girl closed out the night.

Sadly, my favorite Isbell tune, Decoration Day, didn't make the set. The solo cover of Whiskeytown's Jacksonville Skyline was wonderful. I never tire of hearing them play Hey Pocky Way. Danko/Manuel is always apreciated.

Setlist:
Tour of Duty
Go it Alone
Streetlights
Try (No Quarter)
Magician
Goddamn Lonely Love
Grown
Hey Pocky Way
Heart on a String
Alabama Pines
Razor Town
Atlantic City->
Outfit
TVA (solo)
Jacksonville Skyline (solo)

Danko/Manuel
Never Gonna Change (Stone Free)
Codeine
American Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment